Christmas gifting for the girl who has everything
Posted on December 10, 2012
We all have a friend or family member who responds to a request for their Christmas wish list with a “But, I already have everything I could ever possibly want”. Pretty unhelpful, right?
I actually caught myself saying this the other day and gave myself a mental slap on the wrist. I am incredibly fortunate, but I’ve got to admit that despite this, I still spy things I wish were mine on a regular basis. What woman doesn’t? So, if you’re faced with finding the perfect gift for someone who says they have it all (news flash: they’re probably just being polite), here’s what’s on my wish list this festive season. They’re the kind of things people might not buy for themselves, so I’m hoping they’ll help to give you some inspiration when you hit the shops:
- Dinosaur Designs bangles. I’m willing to bet your Mum/sister/best friend would adore adding some of these Australian designed and made resin bangles to their jewellery collection. The Abstract (below) and Sorbet collection are my current faves.
- Personalised stationery – I’m having a bit of a love affair with paper goods at the moment (old school, I know), which is why some personalised stationery is on my wish list. There’s nothing more lovely than receiving mail the old fashioned way, so I plan on sending more letters via snail mail in 2013 – and what better way to do it than with something totally unique to you?
- A bright clutch: I don’t care what anyone says, you can never have too many clutches. A bright clutch is the perfect way to add a fun pop of colour to your wardrobe, and could be the perfect gift for that friend who isn’t sure the neon trend is for them. You’re giving them the option of introducing it on a much smaller scale. Baby steps!
- Samantha Wills Bohemian Bardot Ring – every girl needs some SW in her life, and this festive season I’m coveting Samantha’s Bohemian Bardot ring in white.
- Neon Ikat Oz Print by LonaDeAnna – Anna White is a Sydney-based stylist and artist and her Etsy store LonaDeAnna is full of her original colourful prints, which I’ve been eyeing off for months. The best part? They’re crazy affordable!
- iPhone candy. We take our phones everywhere with us nowadays, so it only make sense to treat them as an accessory. I’m coveting Kate Spade’s range of iPhone covers, but if you’re looking for something a little more original, you could have a monogrammed case made up for your loved one. There are hundreds of options on Etsy.
- Diptyque candle in Mimosa – diptyque candles are the ultimate in luxury. The french parfumeur has been making premium fragrances for 50 years, and on a recent visit to Mecca Cosmetica I fell in love with their Mimosa-scented candle. It’s divine! The packaging is simple and elegant enough to match almost any interior design scheme too.
What’s on your wish list? I’d love you to share it below.
Image credits: Dinosaur Designs, Samantha Wills, Rifle Paper Co., IDesignThat, LonaDeAnna, PinkBerryPatch, Net-A-Porter, Saba, GandGAccessories, AModernStyle, Kate Spade, diptyque.